Friday, April 22, 2011

favorites

Lately, to keep from getting too stressed with thoughts of finals and papers and projects, I've been reading Ted Dekker's Showdown. Aaaaaand, playing Pandora in the background while I work on PowerPoints and documents that threaten my sanity. Long story short, this blog is not meant to be about negatives; so I'm sharing with you the positives that are keeping me afloat this week!

Number 1:   Showdown by Ted Dekker, one of my favorite authors. While it's not his newest novel (The Priest's Graveyard), I'm just now getting around to Showdown and, I have to say, I love it so far! Can't put it down! It's only meant to be my Take-A-Small-Break-From-Homework Book but it's quite the page-turner. Anywho, I highly recommend this. A very good read.



Number 2:   The Call by Regina Spektor, along with her other fantastic songs! I first heard the song during the credits of Prince Caspian, and the song has made me tear up ever since. While the Regina's voice and music obviously are relaxing, the words also remind me of God's love for me and that He will help me through anything. Suffice it to say, this song has been on loop various times throughout the past week.







Number 3:   Last, but definitely not least...my family. And my boyfriend's slightly unshaven, scruffy face. Sigh... How adorable in all it's scruffiness. I'm so glad you can't see my silly grin right now.

I hope your week is going well. If you're a student, don't let finals get the best of you! We're almost to summer! Goodnight!

1 comment:

HUGEfantasyfan said...

Sadly, your boyfriend has lost his fuzzy face. >:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...