Monday, April 25, 2011

i'm not tired. really, i'm not...

I'm home in Abilene for the weekend, and my visit's run a bit long due to the weather throwing a fit. We were about to head for Denton this afternoon when golf ball-sized hail decided to come rocketing down. So, naturally, we're leaving Abilene at 4:30 AM so I can arrive at UNT in time for my 8 AM Photography class.

I should probably go to bed now, but I feel like I'll miss something important if I sleep. I know this isn't a unique or rare thought, but I'm just itching for summer break to hurry up and get here! Not just because it'll be a short break from school, but mostly because I really miss spending time with my family. A lot.

This summer I want to spend time with all of my siblings, collectively and individually. I want to spend a weekend with each pair of grandparents and learn from them while I help them with things around the house. I want to take as many photos as possible of my family, so I won't regret not making the choice to freeze time when someday my siblings are going to college or getting married and I think to myself, "How did they grow up so quickly? I still remember them being 12 and riding bikes!"

Basically, I want to be home. I love UNT, and my experiences there have been unforgetable. That chapter in my life has been fantastic and so much fun, but I feel such an urge to begin the next chapter. I know it will be beautiful and full of growth, I can just feel it. And I want it so badly.

Anxiously awaiting Graduation & The Rest of My Life,
Gabbie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...