Sunday, April 10, 2011

the past 2 weekends



My sweet Mom came down to visit me last weekend! We talked about her graduate counseling program and my undergrad English/Photo program, and how we're both so ready for a break. So, as kind of a teaser of the upcoming summer, we did everything from homework together & running errands to sleeping in & getting coffee. Lately I've been really needing the intimate, safe connection that comes from family, and I've been so blessed to visit with my family for two weekends in a row. It's really helped me "keep calm & carry on", as the saying goes.

The weekend before, I went up to my grandparents' house and visited with them, my dad, and his kiddos. I gave Dad a tour of UNT's campus, my favorite coffee shops and cheap but yummy restaurants, and my classrooms. After that we spent a lot of time at my grandparents' place with the kids, cats, and BBQ (yummm).


I happened to have a photo project due Monday morning and I hadn't been feeling very inspired lately, so the past two weekends have been ideal for some cute snapshots! I love the pictures I got of my mom and a couple of my sibs. These memories are so sweet, and I've already bought some new picture frames to hang around my room!












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...